is driver CPC?
The driver certificate of professional competence (driver CPC)
is a new qualification for professional coach, bus and lorry drivers.
It has been introduced across Europe with the aim of improving road
safety and maintaining high standards within the transport industry.
What is periodic training?
All professional drivers will need to complete 35 hours of training
during a 5 year cycle; this training is known as periodic training
and is continual professional development.
When do I have to complete my 35 hours by?
For professional drivers who had their PCV licence before 10th
September 2008 have until 9th September 2013 to complete their
For professional drivers who had their LGV licence before 10th
September 2009 have until 9th September 2014 to complete their
For all professional drivers who passed after these dates you will
have been issued with a DQC card and this will have a 5 year expiry
date. For example if you passed your test on 14th January 2010
you will have until 13th January 2015 to complete your 35 hours
The aim of the course is to update all drivers on the laws surrounding
driver’s hours and the use of tachographs.
being fitted to all new vehicles. The new vehicles require smart-cards
and drivers will need to be familiar with both traditional analogue
and digital systems. They must be able to integrate them to avoid
falling foul of the new regulations.
This interactive seven hour
course will equip drivers with the knowledge and skills necessary
to support the integration of digital tachographs.
· State the driving regulations that govern transport
· Explain the liabilities within transport
· Demonstrate the use of analogue and digital tachograph machines
· Interpret the digital tachograph pictograms and understand
their practical application
This 7 hour course is designed to improve the efficiency and skill
of the driver and to update the driver with ever changing regulations.
First aid is the immediate temporary care
for the ill and injured, in this interactive 7 hour course you will learn how
to deal with and treat causalities by preserving life, preventing worsening
and promoting recovery.
You will learn how to deal with emergency
situations safely and systematically.
These tools can be used in everyday
situations to help save people’s lives.
Participants will cover:
· Sudden collapse (breathing and non-breathing casualties)
· Dealing with blood loss
· Minor Injuries
· What to do in the event of an accident
The 7 hour course is designed to improve the confidence and skills
of the driver when dealing with first aid. Improve their knowledge
of first aid and raise awareness of the accident procedure
The aim of this course is to recognise and deliver excellent customer service every time. This course will help drivers understand the causes of complaints and what can be done to prevent them.They will develop their skills to project a positive attitude and the right message for themselves & the company that they represent.
· Recognise and deliver excellence to customers every time
· Help understand what causes complaints and what can be done to prevent them
· Develop skills to project a positive attitude and the right message for themselves & the company
· Employ skills to handle difficult situations & people effectively without compromising the customer experience
This 7 hour course is designed to improve the efficiency and skills of the driver and keep a positive attitude during difficult situations.
The aim of this course is to give drivers an increased awareness of health and safety in the workplace and while driving. This course covers the importance of correct manual handling, drivers seating positions, workplace hazards, housekeeping, vulnerable road users and fuel saving.
· Demonstrate the importance of safe manual handling techniques
· Increase the drivers awareness in health and safety
· Encourage the need of environmental awareness
· Adopt a safe driving behaviour both on public roads and on site
This interactive 7 hour course will equip drivers with the knowledge and skills to reduce the risk of accidents while working and improve on fuel efficiency.